Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

SHAKY LANDING

I was flying back from Amsterdam yesterday evening about 5:30 and had the ride of my life.    I fly into Leeds Bradford airport which is notorious for having a short runway and being atop a hill with high winds.  Each landing is typically a bit of a thrill ride, but yesterday's seemed a bit wilder than usual with the plane dropping, dipping, surging, tipping the whole way down and was still sideways as we began to hit the runway.  The well train pilot got us there safe and I proceeded inside. 

As I exited the driver picked me up telling me about the freeways being shut down due to 100mph winds and I later found out that my flight was the last one to land in Leeds last night - not sure if I was lucky or possibly unlucky to not have been diverted.  Nevertheless, I made it home safe and sound, with a story to tell. 

Enjoy some videos of some rock landings at Leeds Bradford so you can see for yourself!

 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. I would have lost my lunch and probably dinner also. I would have been so scared. You know that is no fun to land in that kind of weather.

    Glad all got down safe and the vidoes are amazing.

    Love,
    Mom & Pop

    ReplyDelete
  2. That... is... scary!! I'm glad you made it ok!

    ReplyDelete