Pages

Saturday, June 20, 2015

WWII

Sadie has been studying in depth about WW2 and what occurred here in England.  I had forgotten the fact that during he way - families that lived in towns that were targets of bombing - took their children to the train station with name tags on them and shipped them off to the country where families were asked to take kids in during the war.  Some kids stayed with these families for 6 years until the war is over.  There are people I work with that have parents that were a part of this. 

Enjoy some pics and a video of their musical weaving together all of their facts.  You can also hear our girl who has officially turned British.

 


 
 

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome that Grandma and Grandpa Strom got to be there and see you do the story of WW2. What a nice job you did Sadie and all the group. I loved your outfit.

    Yes, I do think our little nightingale has a British accent now. I think it is so sweet. Great video and I saw the same piano player as last year. She does such a great job.

    Love you all,

    Grma & Grpa Caldwell

    ReplyDelete